Roti or chapati is a staple food in India. Every housewife spends hours cooking chapati in their kitchen. But due to an extremely hectic schedule, it is getting more and more difficult to spend hours in the kitchen. Today, most of the wives are not just homemakers. Rather they work in offices or run their own business too. So how can one ignore the hard work that is involved in making piping hot, soft, and round rotis?
An extremely innovative gadget is available in the market for helping the ladies while making chapatis/rotis. It is known as a roti maker or chapati maker. These wonderful roti maker machines come in different shapes and sizes. It can be an electric or non-electric machine. They have several features too. The prices depend entirely upon their features and design. But the ultimate aim of the best roti maker is to help the women to make rotis comfortably and efficiently in much lesser time.
There are several roti makers available in India. If you are planning to buy a roti maker for home use, then you may find yourself absolutely confused. After conducting in-depth research by considering over 15 products, we have come with the list of some of the best roti maker in India. Let’s have a look:
- 10 Best Roti Makers in India – Reviews
- 1. Best Electric Roti Maker: Bajaj Vacco Go Easy C-02
- 2. Best for Home Use: Sunflame RM1
- 3. Best Runner Up: Prestige PRM 3.0
- 4. Best Roti Maker Machine: United Instant Chapati Maker
- 5. Best Chapati Maker from Eagle: Eagle Roti Maker
- 6. Best Budget-Friendly: Eagle Made Life 4500
- 7. Good Automatic Roti Maker: Eveready RM1001
- 8. Good Roti Maker in India: Baltra BTR-201
- 9. Roti Press Machine: MTech Iron Puri & Roti Maker
- 10. Gi-Shop MOLO Non-Stick Coated Roti Maker
- Best Roti Maker in India – The FAQs
10 Best Roti Makers in India – Reviews
|Bajaj Vacco Go Easy C-02|
|Prestige PRM 3.0|
|United Instant Chapati Maker|
|Eagle Roti Maker|
|Eagle Made Life 4500|
|MTech Iron Puri & Roti Maker|
|Gi-Shop Non-Stick Roti Maker|
1. Best Electric Roti Maker: Bajaj Vacco Go Easy C-02
|Material||Stainless steel & Teflon coated aluminum|
Bajaj Electricals is a well-known name when it comes to household items. For years, this brand has been selling genuine products at affordable prices to Indian households. It is innovative equipment that has helped umpteen ladies in making rotis quickly. This extremely lightweight electric chapati maker can be carried anywhere conveniently.
Also, the cool-touch handle of the Bajaj Vacco machine makes the roti well-shaped, and you need not keep on rolling your chapatis like your mother used to do. The nonstick coating makes the rotis soft supple and does let them burn or stick to the Tawa. The upper lift handle helps you to lift the lid of the roti maker without getting injured by the steam of the piping hot chapatis.
This equipment will help you serve fluffy, squishy rotis on the plates in no time. You need not sweat it out in the kitchen while rolling chapatis. This equipment will also come handy in case you have a large gathering in your house. If you are a newlywed and are finding it a bit difficult to get accustomed to the kitchen, then this equipment is a must-buy for you.
- The pressing handle is made of robust ADS plastic
- The nonstick coating prevents the rotis from getting stuck
- It has a power-on indicator that helps you to set the desired temperature
- There is no risk of current leakage
- Durable and sturdy high-quality stainless steel
- You can find it a bit costlier
- The size of the roti is quite small
2. Best for Home Use: Sunflame RM1
|Material||Outer body: Stainless steel, Tawa: Non-stick coating|
Sunflame is known for its hassle-free and efficient cooking equipment. It is a trusted brand all over the country. Customers prefer to buy Sunflame products for their kitchen.
The Sunflame RM1 automatic chapati maker for home is brilliant equipment with unique and most distinctive features. These features make it all the more attractive among the users. It has an upper lift handle, which enables the women to lift the top plate conveniently. There is absolutely no fear of getting burnt by the steam of the hot chapatis. Also, the nonstick coating assists in oil-free, non-sticky chapati making. You can conveniently use the power on indicator feature to help remember if the product is connected to power or not. The glowing red color LED light will help you remind that the equipment is connected to power.
The equipment provides the feature of uniform heating. Thus your rotis will be well cooked from all the sides. The handle is made of Bakelite. So it will not heat up. Cleaning the device is absolutely easy because it comes with easy clean SS cover. Also, you will get one year’s warranty on buying this Sunflame roti maker.
- There is one year’s warranty on the device.
- The nonstick coating prevents chapatis from getting stuck.
- Strong and sturdy stainless steel body
- The upper lifting handle helps in easy lifting of the top of the device.
- Power on indicator helps in switching off power on time.
- Friction is not enough inside. So the dough may slip and not sit in place.
- The thermostat feature breaks down within a few months of buying the product.
3. Best Runner Up: Prestige PRM 3.0
Prestige is the best roti maker company in India. Perhaps there is no middle-class household in India that does not have at least one Prestige appliance in the kitchen. Prestige offers a wide range of equipment ranging from gas stoves, cooktops, mixer grinders to nonstick cookware. It excels in fields like product design, company performance, and retailing.
The Prestige PRM 3.0 roti maker has several features that make it an extremely lucrative option for the ladies of the house. One of the special features that it offers is the adjustable temperature knob. You can control the temperature according to your wish. Thus, you will be able to save power, and at the same time, your rotis will be perfectly cooked and not burnt. The device has a shockproof body. So you need not be worried at all while cooking chapatis. The hard plastic shield makes the appliance shockproof.
The efficient design with a wider 10-inch non-stick base ensures that you are able to make fluffy and bigger rotis every single time. The cleverly designed roti maker can stand vertically with a winding power cord. Further, the non-stick coating ensures that dough never sticks to the base of the roti maker.
- The appliance has one year’s warranty
- The hard plastic reinforcement makes the device shockproof
- Nonstick coating makes your chapatis soft and nicely cooked
- The adjustable temperature knob
- The compact and portable design
- It leads to a short circuit in the house. So, there is some kind of fault in manufacturing.
4. Best Roti Maker Machine: United Instant Chapati Maker
The United Instant Chapati maker is a lightweight, fast, and best roti maker machine to make soft chapatis instantly. It has an ultra-safe shock-proof body and heat resistant handles. The automatic cut-off feature with indicator light ensures that the heat supply is cut off when not required.
When the machine is ready to take your dough ball, the LED indicator light turns off. Its other prominent features are: Automatic Double thermostat, Temperature control, High-quality Teflon, non-stick coated aluminium, and shockproof insulated Bakelite handles.
- High-quality Teflon
- Non-stick coated aluminum
- Automatic cut-off feature
- May overheat
5. Best Chapati Maker from Eagle: Eagle Roti Maker
|Material||Outer body: Stainless steel, Tawa: Hard-anodized aluminum|
Eagle is gradually making its own space in the Indian market of cookware and kitchen appliances. Although a newbie in the market, Eagle has been able to create a profound impact on the minds of users. Many kitchens are there where we can see Eagle products. Also, the affordability of Eagle Electric Roti Maker makes it an attractive option among the ladies. Indeed the best chapati maker to go for/. This appliance is a great time saver.
It is very efficient. It provides a dual heating feature to the user. The thermostat feature makes the appliance absolutely safe to use. Also, you can easily clean the appliance because of its chrome finish. The trendy neon light makes the appliance very beautiful and attractive.
- The nonstick Tawa helps you to cook roti easily.
- Easy to clean appliances because of the chrome finishing.
- Shockproof and robust handle that remains cool.
- It is extremely affordable.
- It offers a dual heating feature.
- The heat of the appliance is not enough to properly cook the roti.
- The heating coil may get damaged soon.
6. Best Budget-Friendly: Eagle Made Life 4500
This roti maker from FAVY the Eagle Made Life 4500 is perfect to cook hot and large rotis. This best automatic roti maker machine comes with an 8 inch non-stick coating plates. You do not need a rolling pin or a Tawa, just with the press of a button, fluffy and hot chapattis will be ready to eat. It’s a one of its kind roti maker which allows you to make thin rotis with minimum efforts.
You can also make other delicious and yummy stuffed paranthas, khakra, dosa, etc. This product is compact, lightweight, and affordable.
- Stainless steel body
- Non-stick coating plates
- Shock proof
- Heavy duty
- May overheat a bit
7. Good Automatic Roti Maker: Eveready RM1001
|Material||Stainless steel, thermoset, and aluminum|
Eveready is a well-known brand in Indian households. People trust this brand to a great extent. The Eveready RM1001 fully automatic roti maker for home is one of its kind and quite different from other products. The large handle provides you a good grip and makes your task more convenient. The dual heating feature makes the rotis soft and fluffy from both sides. You can also make other delicious dishes like parathas, thepla, or uttapam on this kitchen appliance. It is also quite affordable.
The non-stick coated plates with stainless steel body ensures that dough never sticks to the base. The indicator light helps you know when the chapatti is ready. The shock proof base helps you make hot rotis without getting hurt.
- The appliance can be used without oil too.
- It allows you to make uttapam, thepla, and parathas also.
- The affordability of the appliance makes it a popular choice.
- It is extremely easy to use this device.
- great time saver.
- The appliance is not that durable and breaks down easily.
- It does not perform well, as claimed by the manufacturers.
8. Good Roti Maker in India: Baltra BTR-201
This roti maker is extremely helpful in making chapatis. Baltra BTR-201 cuts down a lot of time involved in making rotis conventionally. This ultra-new roti maker helps in making best ever rotis for your loved ones that too so swiftly. It helps in making puffy and soft rotis very conveniently.
The non-stick base made of stainless steel body ensures that it never gets sticky. Further, the indicator light ensures that the user knows that the appliance is in use.
- The light indicator helps the user to remember that the appliance is on.
- The appliance is totally energy efficient.
- The appliance is affordable.
- It does not clutter your kitchen and can be adjusted in very little space.
- Easily portable.
- The outer cover of the appliance tends to get extremely hot.
- The roti that you make will be chewy and crispy.
9. Roti Press Machine: MTech Iron Puri & Roti Maker
|Material||Outer body: iron, Inside: Stainless steel|
This appliance is a favorite among many women who do not want to spend long hours in their kitchen. It is extremely straight forward and convenient to use this device. This appliance caters to all your Puri making needs. This roti press machine is quite durable.
The anti-skid heavy base is durable and easy to clean. Made from iron material and with a diameter of 4, this roti maker ensures you get fluffy and round rotis in no time.
- The appliance is very convenient to use.
- It is quite affordable.
- The product is durable.
- You can arrange the device in a very little space.’
- You can carry it easily to any place.
- The quality of puris does not come out to be good.
|Material||Stainless steel & iron|
This effective roti maker has been a savior for numerous working women who find it difficult to manage work-life and household chores. It is indeed a great time savior. The Gi-Shop MOLO roti maker is too easy to use. There are no complexities at all. The special features that the device offers to the users make it all the more popular. The design of the appliance has been made, keeping in mind the difficulties faced by users.
The easy and large handle makes it effortless to use. The non-stick coated plates ensure that nothing sticks to the base. It’s other prominent features are- cool touch handles, high gloss and durable stainless steel cover, scratch proof, metal resistant non-stick coating, and super useful automatic cut off feature with indicator light.
- The tawa is absolutely nonstick and scratch proof.
- The automatic cut off feature
- Large handle of the appliance makes it extremely convenient to use.
- The appliance is totally shockproof.
- The appliance is affordable.
- The rotis come out to be too thick.
- The temperature controlling system does not work well.
The above-given list of roti makers will definitely help you out in making an informed choice while purchasing a roti maker for your kitchen. You can go through the detailed reviews and make up your mind before buying a roti maker. Choose that one which caters to your needs and requirements.
Best Roti Maker in India – The FAQs
The only way to buy the perfect roti maker for your kitchen is to ask for a live demonstration. You can go to any showroom and then ask the sales person to demonstrate how the roti maker actually works. Only by watching the live demo, you will be able to decide whether the product is actually working or not.
You can clean a roti maker easily if it is of chrome finish. In that case, you can clean the roti maker just by wiping it with a moist cloth.
You can make parathas, uttapam, puris, and thepla in a roti maker. But it totally depends on the manufacturer of the roti maker you are purchasing. Different roti makers offer different features to the users.
Roti makers will have an indicator light. When your roti maker is hot enough, the light will be visible. Some roti makers have green lights, while others have red lights. Just wait for the light to show up. When you are able to see the light, this means that your roti maker is ready to use. Also, go through the user manual carefully.
Roti makers are shockproof and sturdy enough. They can handle voltage fluctuations conveniently. You need to check the quality of the chord used in the roti maker. Also, keep in mind that you have to plug in the appliance in a proper socket.
Not all roti makers have a temperature control knob. But those roti makers who have a temperature control knob are meant for multipurpose use. Such roti makers are of high quality and can be used for making different food items. You can use the temperature knob to adjust the temperature according to to0 the nature of different food items.
It totally depends on your preference. You can buy any type according to your choice and needs. You need to remember that the electric roti makers are easy to use. But there are costlier as well. Also, you need to put in a lot of effort into manual roti makers. But these are suitable for outdoor cooking purposes. So it’s absolutely up to you which one you want to choose.
Again this is a matter of choice and taste. If you are expert enough and have years of experience, then you can make softer and thinner rotis than a roti maker. But if you are a newbie in the kitchen, then you can find roti makers absolutely handy. In such cases, the appliance will help you in making tasty and soft, round rotis.
Maybe your roti maker has an auto cut off feature. After making a number of rotis, it will switch off automatically. Or if you are not using it for some time, then too it will go off automatically. As soon as the tawa reaches the desired temperature, it goes off in order to prevent the overcooking of the rotis.
The most common reason may be that you are not waiting for the right time. The roti maker needs to reach optimum temperature. Wait for the ready-to-use indicator to light up. Then proceed to make rotis. Also, pressing the handle of the roti maker too hard or too light also matters. You need to take care of the time which you take to close or open the lid of the roti maker too. You need a bit of practice before you can fully acquire control over the roti maker. But even after correcting these mistakes, if you face the same problem, then you can take the roti maker to a service center for getting it repaired.
Recommended: Best Juicers in India (2021)
These roti makers are available in different brands. Also, their shapes and sizes vary. You can use these top roti makers in India to make your work much easier. Also, you will be able to save a lot of time. If you want a quality product, then you have to invest a good amount. But on the return, you will get a top-notch product. It will be a durable appliance that will serve you for years to come. But if you will not use roti makers too frequently, then you need not invest much amount in the appliance. This will be sheer wastage of money. Buy any affordable roti maker which will serve your purpose.
Also, go through various models of roti makers before finally arriving at a conclusion. Different models offer different facilities. Choose one that meets your requirements and does not disbalance your budget.
Also, it is high time that you take some time out for yourself. Hence, you can work smart and use these ultra-smart roti maker appliances to make your life a bit easier and more relaxing. So go ahead and purchase one for your kitchen.