Just imagine, you have returned from a very hectic day at the office to your home, and on returning, you plug into your favorite retro music with extraordinary beats & quality, relieving you completely from stress and tension. Won’t it be a great feeling? Well, truly it will be! The fully loaded 3D experience of cinematic content & authentic music is what defines an accomplished Home theatre.
However, they aren’t exactly like a cinema theatre but also not less than that at home itself. So, for all those cravings for crisp sound and electrifying bass, here’s a list of Best Home Theatre System in India to get an overall theatre experience that too at home.
Let us now look at the Best Home Theatre System in India loaded with magnificent features & applications.
- Top 10 Best Home Theatre Systems in India – 2020
- 1. Best In Features: Sony BDV-N9200W 3D Blu-ray Home Theater System with BT
- 2. Best in Multi Utility: Sony BDV-N7200W 5.1 3D Blu-ray Home Theater System with BT
- 3. Best In Aesthetics: Yamaha Yht-2910 – 5.1 Hd Channel Powerful & Stylish Home Theatre System
- 4. Best Sound Quality: JBL Cine System 500Si
- 5. Best in Dynamics: Sony BDV-E4100 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Tallboy Blu-ray Home Theatre System
- 6. Best in Class (Overall): Sony BDV-E3200 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Blu-ray Home Theatre System
- 7. Runner Up Product: Sony HT-IV300 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital DTH Home Theatre System
- 8. Best Under Rs.20000: Logitech Z906 Surround Sound Speaker System
- 9. Cheapest In The List: Sony HT-RT3 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Soundbar Home Theatre System
- 10. Best For General Use: Philips HTD5520/94 Home theatre (Black)
- FAQs Regarding Home Theatre System in India
- 1. What does a home theatre system consist of?
- 2. How much should a home theater cost?
- 3. How do I get my TV to play sound through my home theater system?
- 4. Which is the best 5.1 speaker in India?
- 5. Where should a subwoofer be placed in a room?
- 6. What are the signs of a good speaker for your home theater system?
- 7. Are home theater systems worth the hype?
- 8. How to know that the home theater you are investing in is a reliable one?
Top 10 Best Home Theatre Systems in India – 2020
1. Best In Features: Sony BDV-N9200W 3D Blu-ray Home Theater System with BT
- Power consumption is 1.7 Watts
- It weighs 29.2 kilograms
- The model of the lens is BDVN9200WB.CEL
- The dimension is 48 x 21 x 8 cm
The home theatre system of Sony BDV-N9200W is a masterpiece invention for a cinematic experience at home. Amazing sound systems provide exhilarating vibes of true and strong music never felt before. Apart from the audio, the video on the television is also complimented with the pixel quality of the topmost level. The game enthusiasts can binge-watch their popular shows whenever they feel with the recording feature & can also play their favorite sport by connecting to their PlayStations. A retro feel of divine music is of never heard before quality that creates a virtual arena of classical gathering.
Since the discovery of computers, every electronic item is complemented with Bluetooth and a USB enabled-port. The same is the case with Sony home theatres, which additionally have a 3D Blu-ray playback feature that can connect external sources too. In this generation of apps, home theatres are also enabled with them; here, it is SonyPal mobile app that controls every functioning of the home theatre.
The soothing effect of speakers is magnetically fluidic with the crisp feel of bass and aura. This home theatre is accompanied with a warranty period of 1 year from the date of purchase. Even, for those who are in love with radio and FM channels, it serves as a predesigned FM tuner for a powerful combination of bass and rhythm.
- It is having a powerful bass of excellent quality.
- The wireless rear speakers are easy to carry and reliable too.
- You get a magnificent video streaming option to watch your favorite football and cricket matches.
- It offers compatible Bluetooth connectivity within a band of 300 meters.
- The look is not very appealing.
2. Best in Multi Utility: Sony BDV-N7200W 5.1 3D Blu-ray Home Theater System with BT
- Power consumption is 1.7 Watts
- It weighs 19.9 kilograms
- Model of the lens is BDVN7200W/BME12
- The dimension is 59.5 x 49.9 x 42.3 cm
Rated at 4.2 stars out of 5 by customers, the home theatre system of Sony BDV-N7200W is a powerful sound system with a maximum output power of a whopping 1200 Watts. It easily casts its spells in the living room by converting it to a full theatre through its magical buzz of sounds.
The symbiotic relationship of WiFi, USB support, and internal FM Radio system makes it the most stylish home system in today’s world. There is a 5.1 channel configuration which provides the crisp sounds of any music or a movie that one is watching. The presence of slim satellite speakers gives a touch of magnetic fluid technology, delivering smooth sound with no noise.
Feature of the S-Master amplifier minimizes distortion with all the frequencies, to maintain the feel of cinema with the slightest sounds of whispers. The best part about this home theatre is that one can control the smartphone very easily from a distance, too, for viewing and watching contents of any time on a big screen through USB support.
And also, the manufacturer provides a warranty period of 1 year from the date of purchase for this home theatre, and customer support is available 24 x 7 for 365 days.
- It has a set of batteries for continuous power supply without any interruption.
- It comes with speakers of Dolby that are presently the best speaker in the market.
- It has magnificent video streaming capability.
- The home theatre comes with a powerful sound system.
- Presence of only one HDMI support at the back panel of the home theatre.
3. Best In Aesthetics: Yamaha Yht-2910 – 5.1 Hd Channel Powerful & Stylish Home Theatre System
- Power consumption is 1.9 Watts
- It weighs 20.4 kilograms
- Model of the lens is YHT-2910 BLACK
- The dimension is 106.7 x 20.8 x 10.7 cm
Yamaha is famous for its bikes. But they also forge exceptional home theatre systems. Their innovative extra bass system is perfect for bass lovers as it drastically boosts the output to feel the beats. The Yacht-2910 is a five satellite and one subwoofer powered system that is ideal for a home theatre performance.
Although the system only supports FM as far as wireless connectivity is concerned, it possesses all high audio encoders like Dolby HD, Digital Plus, True HD, DTS-HD, and others, which ensures that you receive fantastic sound delivery without any form of the altercation to the quality or the output of the system. The system allows HDMI support (4 in one), which means that you can connect your TV and stream videos, music, photos, and movies without any problem. Its YPAO sound optimizer system is a microphone, which is excellent for your karaoke nights to enjoy with your friends.
With minimal tuning, it is an excellent support system for music practitioners. Just connect any musical instrument with it and feel the magic. It delivers an enticing surround sound performance. The system has all five speakers in the front, which means that it will provide a power-packed performance. It comes with one year of warranty and is a great option to enjoy music.
- Ideal for musical instrument connection and performance.
- Karaoke night for fun.
- 4K HD display.
- Major sound encoder enabled like Dolby HD, Digital Plus, and others.
- The system only supports FM for wireless connectivity.
4. Best Sound Quality: JBL Cine System 500Si
- Power consumption is 1.6 Watts
- It weighs 21.2 kilograms
- Model of the lens is CINESYSTEM
- The dimension is 57.5 x 56.5 x 42.5 cm
JBL system is an inevitable part of any musical theatre list. With secure connectivity and flexibility to be installed in any part of the house, JBL Cine System 500 Si is among our top picks. The compact design of JBL speakers is ideal for small homes and environments. Despite the small 6.5 inches speakers, they pack the power of 60 W for boom box performance.
The main feature of the system is its receiver, which is easy to connect and provides compatibility with significant devices. You only have to connect with it and stream your favorite music and videos or play games with high-quality sound performance and HDMI 3D output. The JBL AVR 101-220V provides a fantastic 5.1 surround sound performance with exceptional sound quality. High power 375-watt produces remarkable 3D HDMI sound with clarity.
The DLNA 1.5 allows one to stream music or audio from their smartphones and other compatible devices. Its vTuner TM tech will enable one to connect with the online radio for endless entertainment. In other words, you can connect with any form of device and stream unlimited content with the power of JBL to pack you with high-quality performance. However, the system is not ideal for large spaces and, thus, does not pack as much energy as the other theatre systems in the list. It is still great for small settlements, which is why it received Three out of five stars.
- DLNA 1.5 allows compatibility with most of the devices.
- vTuner TM technology allows connection with the internet for online FM streaming.
- Powerful HDMI 3D video output.
- Not ideal for big houses and apartments.
5. Best in Dynamics: Sony BDV-E4100 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Tallboy Blu-ray Home Theatre System
- Power consumption is 1.7 Watts
- It weighs 17.5 kilograms
- The model of the lens is BDVE4100.CEL
- The dimension is 29.6 x 43 x 5.1 cm
Get ready to feel the audio with the 1000 W performance of the two tall speakers of Sony BDV-E4100, which will provide a real theatre-like experience at home. With different sound modes and effects to choose, it’s one-touch feature will ensure a convenient connection. Use the Bluetooth of your mobile phones to share the music with the NFC one-touch listening of the system. The compatibility allows it to connect with any device with Bluetooth, virtually.
It comes with Wi-Fi support, which allows the system to connect to the internet directly to stream movies, music, videos, or display pictures on the screen. The availability of the sony entertainment network will make sure that you never run out of the content to use on your home sound system. More importantly, the system clears and amplifies the quality of the sound efficiently. Use it for gaming, movies, even 3D outputs.
The sony sound system comes with a bass enhancement for an immersive experience to the users. It’s stylish and sharp looks makes it trendy for the modern house decors. It provides a higher quality of 2d and 3d video support with precise details and vibrant colors and HD support. The system comes with a ‘football’ mode for the sound, which will create an environment like a stadium and embrace the viewers for outstanding sports experience at the comfort of their couches.
- Football mode for the stadium-like experience.
- Secure connectivity with NFC, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi.
- 1020W speaker performance.
- Access to a sony entertainment network.
- The setup box audio channel is only 2.1 compatible with the system.
- It lacks clear warranty details.
6. Best in Class (Overall): Sony BDV-E3200 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Blu-ray Home Theatre System
- Power consumption is 1.7 Watts
- It weighs 22.5 kilograms
- Model of the lens is BDV-E3200
- The dimension is 56.5 x 39.8 x 48.2 cm
The Sony BDV-E3200 comes with the surround sound system of 5 speakers and one woofer with 1024 W power-packed performance. Its one-touch connectivity allows Bluetooth enabled devices to connect and stream the audio on the system quickly. Apart from the standard sound effects, it comes with the INDIA mode.
The sound mode will provide enhanced sound quality and extra bass for one to enjoy the movies, especially the Bollywood flicks. Its astonishing sound quality amplification will undoubtedly reach the depth of your soul. The wireless support of the system is fantastic as it allows one to connect via Bluetooth or WiFi and stream from any device or media with ease.
The system provides a full 1080p HD output, even in 3D. It’s Clear audio+ converts any sound file and sound setting to 5.1 surround sound. It gives ease to the users as they do not have to search for the ideal sound mode. The S-master system amplifies the sound without overheating or excessive power consumption to deliver rich sound quality.
Football mode is excellent for sports fans to easily view football and other sports events as if they are present in the stadium. It comes with a one-year warranty and has received four out of five stars for its exceptional sound quality, video output, and overall performance. With DTS-HD and tweeter voice clarity providers, it is an outstanding product on the list.
- Compatible with all forms of devices.
- Supports significant audio and video formats.
- 1080 HD output.
- Lots of features.
- Limited wire extension which restricts it from use in big rooms.
- Bass performance is not ideal for bass lovers.
7. Runner Up Product: Sony HT-IV300 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital DTH Home Theatre System
- Power consumption is 1.8 Watts
- It weighs 20.6 kilograms
- Model of the lens is HT-IV300
- The dimension is 62 x 37 x 30.1 cm
The Sony HT-IV 300 comes with two front speakers, two surround speakers, and one center speaker for the cinematic sound effect in your house. With the powerful performance of 1024W from its speakers, the product has earned 4.5 stars out of 5 stars. The NFC one-touch feature and Bluetooth support allow the system to support multiple platforms, including various audio formats. Now use mobile phones, apps, and other devices to connect with the system and stream your music, movies, and even play games.
Its DTH support with single HDMI input allows even the gamers to connect their gaming console with the system and magnify their experience significantly. The compact size and sleek design provide an aesthetical appeal to the system, which makes it suitable for modern contemporary house. However, it is excellent for the showpiece in any home. The S-master digital amplifier makes sure that you receive a sound quality without the effects of heat or distortion on the performance.
ClearAudio+ transform any sound, especially stereo, into the home theatre system quality so that the users can play any file on the system and still enjoy without any drawbacks. Its DTS-HD support allows the Blu-ray and other HD output to be available without any compression. Thus, it does not affect the quality of production in any manner. The Dolby True HD support will ensure you get the best sound. With Dolby Pro Logic technology, convert any stereo audio into surround sound audio while it’s streaming without any interruptions. The miracast (Or mirror cast) feature allows the home theatre to replicate the display of your mobile and other portable devices and show it on the screen in the form of output, without compromising the quality.
- Mirror cast feature allows mobile and other device screens directly on the TV screen.
- It supports wireless and USB connectivity.
- Automatically changes the sound format of any file to 5.1 system compatibility.
- Lacks direct dial to set Bass.
- It does not come with Tweeter
8. Best Under Rs.20000: Logitech Z906 Surround Sound Speaker System
- Power consumption is 1.6 Watts
- It weighs 21 kilograms
- Model of the lens is 980-000467
- The dimension is 43.9 x 43.2 x 19 cm
The THX-certified Logitech Z906 Surround sound speaker assures a high-class sound performance. With 165-watt subwoofers and 1000-watt speakers, the system has the 500W RMS power for an experience parallel to the cinema. The Dolby Digital sound support ensures you can hear every high definition soundtrack without any form of compromise to the quality. With it’s digital and analog support, you can connect up to six devices at once for remarkable compatibility.
It comes with a straightforward control manual and outlay for anyone to operate it with minimal efforts. A new port of earphone jacks is also provided for high definition performance in the earphone model of devices. The system is compatible with various devices like PCs, Gaming Consoles, and other major audio output devices. It comes with Dolby Digital and DTS encoding technology for surround sound experience.
The excellent sound details will make provide audibility to even the most minute of sounds while you enjoy your favorite movie or show. It works with lithium metal batteries and would require it to perform well. The system is ideal for single-room setup and gaming consoles over actual cinematic consoles. It has received a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars and comes with the two years limited warranty on the hardware.
- A fantastic choice for small rooms or houses.
- It offers the best experience for gamers.
- It comes with an Earphone jack.
- It offers Dolby Digital and DTS support.
- Requires continuous charging as it runs on battery
- The power output may not be as powerful as other theatre systems.
9. Cheapest In The List: Sony HT-RT3 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Soundbar Home Theatre System
- Power consumption is 1.7 Watts
- It weighs 17.5 kilograms
- Model of the lens is HT-RT3
- The dimension is 90 x 7 x 5.2 cm
The three-channel soundbar and S-master digital amplification will ensure a cinematic experience. Sony HT-RT3 Home Theatre system is one of the most economical products available. With two rear speakers, it will produce the surround sound ambiance to entice the users. It is Dolby digital compatible for HD sound quality.
The near field communication technology (NFC) discards the requirement for wire connectivity. Connect by using wireless options of any device with the home theatre. It comes already assembled in the box and is ready to plug and play with the neatly established outlay and tidy connections. The additional HDMI support ensures the HD sound delivery with compatible TV models without the requirement of extra cable.
If the NFC connection is not what you seek, the USB port will allow connectivity with any device so that you can play the sound in any form of format. The S-master digital will change the output automatically to provide optimal performance of 5.1 Dolby digital sound. Speakers provide the production of around 600 W. It is ideal for people looking for a decent home theatre experience.
It comes with optical cables for even more transparent connectivity and sound quality. Despite the lack of Wi-Fi connectivity, the system has received a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 stars and comes with a one-year warranty package.
- S-Master digital master will ensure high-quality sound without any distortion.
- Optical cables and HDMI support does not require an additional wire for connection.
- It comes with a wide range of connectivity for devices; Bluetooth, NFC, and USB.
- A little less power of just 600W compared to 1024W of other systems.
- Wi-Fi connectivity is not available.
10. Best For General Use: Philips HTD5520/94 Home theatre (Black)
- Power consumption is 1.8 Watts
- It weighs 3.6 kilograms
- Model of the lens is HTD5520/94
- The dimension is 5.8 x 35.8 x 43.5 cm
The trusted brand of Philips has invented a fabulous home theatre having a powerful speaker system that produces crisp sounds and deep bass. It works on the 5.1 channel configuration and is accompanied by four central speakers, one woofer and a low-frequency shrillness.
Whether it be any sports event or a thrilling movie, the HDMI connectivity of Philips HTD5520 enables play of high-quality HD videos at 1080 pixels. These clear visuals and sharp features give an experience of live watching, which can’t be expressed in words.
The exact RMS output of this home theatre system is 1000 Watts, which is quite powerful to upscale any definition of visuals. With the increase in the number of external storage devices these days, Philips HTD5520 provides customers with an option for USB and DVD connectivity. It is even possible to configure Bluetooth and Wi-Fi services of phone or laptop with this home theatre.
The all-new stylish home theatre designed by Philips is set up with an app that controls devices virtually from other locations. The Dolby Digital 5.1 speakers surround the entire environment with excellent sound quality and rhythms.
Still, in its beginning stage, this home theatre has got a rating of 3.5 stars out of 5 by the customers. The manufacturer rewards with a warranty period of 1 year from the date of purchase with this home theatre.
- It has an integrated blue ray player.
- Its prices are well within the budget of any customer.
- It comes with a wide range of connectivity for devices; Bluetooth, CD, DVD, and USB.
- Remote control power is not up to the mark.
- Audio and pin jack is not properly placed.
FAQs Regarding Home Theatre System in India
1. What does a home theatre system consist of?
An average home theatre system consists of mainly three things, and they are: a video display in the form of an LCD or plasma TV, an AV sound receiver, and a video source, which can be a cable or a DVD player.
2. How much should a home theater cost?
A home theater can cost anything between 3 lakhs to several crores. If you are creative, then you can get individual pieces of home theatre devices and piece them together at an economical price instead of buying them together as a set.
3. How do I get my TV to play sound through my home theater system?
One of the most common ways to get your TV to play sound through my home theater system is via RCA jack. In case of creating digital connections, one should locate an HDMI input port and connect through that.
4. Which is the best 5.1 speaker in India?
Sony and Logitech make some of the best home theaters with 5.1 speakers. These brands have great 5.1 speakers integrated as part of their home theater sets.
5. Where should a subwoofer be placed in a room?
The best place to set a subwoofer is to place them in front of the room. This position will ensure that their sound integrates with the speakers that are placed in front of the room. Synching sound of the subwoofer with front speakers is a really creative way to create a better sound experience.
6. What are the signs of a good speaker for your home theater system?
Some signs of a good speaker for your home theater system are it should first and foremost have clear sound. The bass should be clear and strong but not overpowering. A good speaker should also come with a large range of adjustable settings.
7. Are home theater systems worth the hype?
Yes, home theater systems are worth the hype if you like to indulge in high quality media viewing frequently. Home theaters are great for family screenings and movie nights. You can have a group of friends over and get theater-like luxury and high-quality movie experience with home theaters.
8. How to know that the home theater you are investing in is a reliable one?
One way to know that the home theater you are investing in is a reliable one is by checking previous customer reviews and ratings of the product on multiple retail outlets. A one year warranty also shows that the product is a reliable one.
Breath life into your music with the exceptional performance of these home theatres. Enjoy a movie night with your friends, watch alone, or with a significant other. These sets will deliver an immersive experience for you and your loved ones. Be the life of the party or a warm host to the guests with the surrounding sound capacity of these systems. The high definition support and sound quality will ensure you get the cinematic ambiance at the comfort of your home.