If you are a resident of Delhi, then you know that the environmental condition of Delhi is currently at its worst. There has been high alert by the government, and even schools have been suspended, stating that the high amount of smog will harm your health. In such conditions, it is unsafe to go outside without any mask. But how can you wear a mask 24*7? In such times, it is wise to invest in an air purifier so that at least your home will be safe and no toxic air or smog will affect your health.
Here’s our list of best Air Purifier for Delhi Smog and Pollution:
- 1. Best under 10000: Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier
- 2. Value for Money: MI 25 Vertical Air purifier
- 3. Best with Carbon Filter: Coway Sleek Pro AP-1009 air purifier
- 4. Best for Kids: Honeywell HAC25M1201W 53- Watt Air purifier for room
- 5. Best for Bedroom: Philips AC2887/20 High-efficiency air purifier
- 6. Best under 5000: American Micronic 22 Watts Air Purifier with HEPA filter
- 7. Best for Allergies: Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower Wi-Fi enabled air purifier
- 8. Best with Ionizer: KENT Aura room air purifier 45- Watt with HEPA technology
- 9. Best for medium rooms: Hindware Moonbow AP- A8400UIN 55- Watt Air purifier
- 10. Most Powerful One: Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier (DP04)
- 11. Expensive: Dyson Pure Cool Air purifier, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Enabled (TP04)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Regarding Best Air Purifier for Delhi Smog and Pollution:
1. Best under 10000: Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier
- Manufacturer: Philips
- Product dimension: 32.5*54.1*21.1 cm
- Modes of operation: three
Philips is one of the most trustworthy companies when it comes to home appliances. Be it air conditioners, fans, coolers, or air purifiers, Philips tries to give its customers the best service so that they can remain assured that the products won’t break down. This particular air purifier from Philips will be the best choice if you are looking for a great air purifier in an environment similar to Delhi.
The Philips air purifier can operate in three modes, namely general, allergen and night sense. The purifier has four filtration process with two major shields, the Vitashield IPS and the Filter HEPA series 1. The VitaShield IPS are made according to the aerodynamic design, and consist of a nano protect pro filter which can capture nano airborne particles and save you from any harmful toxic materials.
The air purifier can deliver pure air up to 270 cubic meters per hour and is capable of filtering out particles of size 0.02 micro meter. The Filter HEPA series 1 has an extra thick nano protect pro filter and removes any further toxic materials that may have entered the room.
The air purifier can clean the room in ten minutes and has a variety of features. The child lock feature in the air purifier makes sure that the settings are not changed accidentally, while the color ring present on the dashboard shows the air quality of the room; the blue color representing that the air is clean while the red color says that the air is impure.
Other than that, the air purifier even has a night sense mode, which will adjust the bedroom air and will dim the light of the dashboard so that you can sleep peacefully. Not only that, the automatic night sense mode even decreases the beeping sound of the purifier so that you do not get disturbed.
- It can filter out particles as small as 0.02 micro meter
- The air purifier can work perfectly fine up to eight months in the environment of Delhi, after which you can change the filter
- The air purifier has a child lock feature which prevents any accidental changes in the settings
- It has four manual settings, and you can adjust the purifier according to your needs
- It consumes less energy
- The night mode of the air purifier is a bit difficult to operate
2. Value for Money: MI 25 Vertical Air purifier
- Manufacturer: Xiaomi
- Product dimension: 24*24*52 cm
- Modes of operation: three
Yes, Xiaomi does produce home appliances, and its air purifier is in the second position of this list for a reason. Firstly, the MI air purifier is affordable, which means you get a quality product at a reasonable price. Secondly, you can even control the air purifier form your MI home app, and the third interesting factor is that this air purifier is compatible with Alexa, which means you can activate and control the air purifier by giving commands to Alexa.
This particular air purifier has three modes of operation, namely, Auto, Night and manual. Apart from this, there are some nice features which you will find in the MI air purifier.
The air purifier has a new OLED display, which will show you the PM2.5 levels or pollution levels in the room so that you can automatically adjust the purifier. It even shows you the room temperature and humidity level and even keeps track of the amount of pure air in the room. This air purifier by Xiaomi even has a laser sensor which can detect smaller particles up to size 0.3 micrometer and will display it on the OLED display. With this air purifier in your room, you will get a cleaner room within ten minutes.
The automatic brightness adjustment is yet another remarkable feature of the air purifier, which automatically dims or increases the OLED display brightness depending on the lighting of the room. You can even control the air purifier with the help of the MI home app, where the app will tell you the temperature, humidity levels, and will even notify you for changing the filter.
Furthermore, the air purifier has a three-stage filtration process which filters out particles such as formaldehyde, bacteria, toxic gases and many more harmful airborne particles, which may affect your health adversely.
- You can control the air purifier through MI home app
- The air purifier is compatible with Alexa which means you can give commands to Alexa to control the air purifier
- The OLED display even shows temperature and humidity level in the room
- It can detect particles up to 0.3 micrometers in size
- The filter is washable and reusable
- The filter is not long lasting
3. Best with Carbon Filter: Coway Sleek Pro AP-1009 air purifier
- Manufacturer: Coway
- Product dimension: 62*35.4*26.8 cm
- Modes of operation: one
If you are looking for an air purifier with the most number of useful features, then do put Coway air purifier in your list. This particular air purifier from Coway can cover up to 255 square feet of area and deliver pure air with a speed of 216 cubic meters per hour. Moreover, the air purifier has a three-stage filtration process which includes a pre-filter, a patented Urethane Carbon filter, and a multi-layered green anti-flu HEPA filter.
The pre-filter captures the heavy dust particles, the carbon filter is responsible for cleaning the bad odor of the air, and the HEPA filter does the job of trapping microparticles and further allowing only clean air to pass from the purifier. Furthermore, the purifier has a top panel that consists of a reset button, which also acts as a filter replacement indicator, which shows the amount of clean air in the room.
There is even a speed control button so that you can control the speed of the flow of air in the room. If you are thinking that this air purifier is noisy, then you are wrong, as this purifier works silently and will not disturb your work and sleep.
With a three year warranty and a guarantee that the filter will work effectively for 8500 hours, the Coway air purifier is the best choice for houses with larger rooms and more people. Though there is only one mode of operation, i.e., auto mode, it works efficiently and makes sure that the room is filled with clean air.
- It is perfect for joint families
- The three stage filtration process removes all the dust particles and provides clean air
- It does not create any noise while working
- The air purifier even has a speed controller to control the speed of air flow
- The air purifier even removes the bad odor of air
- There is only one mode of operation, which means you cannot change the settings according to the room conditions.
4. Best for Kids: Honeywell HAC25M1201W 53- Watt Air purifier for room
- Manufacturer: Honeywell
- Product dimension: 56.6*46*29.2 cm
- Modes of operation: one
The Honeywell air purifier is one of the best-selling air purifiers in the market. It is affordable, has the best features and is even easy to install. If you are looking for an air purifier that is budget-friendly, then the Honeywell air purifier is the best choice on the list.
The purifier has 3D airflow; it captures air form 360-degree and has a nice filtration technology. Apart from that, the air purifier is even child safe and is also energy efficient.
The air purifier consumes less energy, which means you do not have to worry about paying a large amount of electric bill for this purifier. The filter life of the air purifier is 3000 hours, which is great as compared to other purifiers in the same price range. You can easily run the filter for nine months, after which you can wash it and reuse it.
If the filter breaks down, only then you would have to invest in a new filter. The air purifier functions silently, thus assuring that you will get a peaceful sleep. This device can deliver up to 250 cubic meters per hour of clean air and covers approximately thirty square meters of area.
Leaving that aside, the filtration technology of the air purifier has activated carbon filter to remove any bad odor and a HEPA filter, which removes minute airborne particles, thus keeping the room clean. This indoor air purifier captures air from top and bottom and filters it out from the top panel of the purifier.
The air purifier does not have any sharp edges and has an anti-fall design to ensure that if the kids happen to touch the purifier, then they won’t get harmed. With the Honeywell air purifier, you can remain assured that there will be no dust particles in your room, and you can breathe easily.
- The air purifier has a child lock feature
- It consumes less energy
- The filters are washable and reusable
- The filter life is 3000 hours, which means approximately nine months of proper function.
- It is ozone free and does not produce any side effects due to filtration technology
- The indicator does not show the proper amount of dust particles
5. Best for Bedroom: Philips AC2887/20 High-efficiency air purifier
- Manufacturer: Phillips
- Product dimension: 24*35.9*55.8 cm
- Modes of operation: four
If you are looking for the perfect air purifier for a medium room, then the Philips Aera sense will be a suitable choice. Though this particular air purifier is tagged at a higher price, with the stated features, it is the best value for the money paid. It has four operating modes to choose from, namely, General, Allergen, bacteria& virus mode, along with the auto mode.
The purifier works in low noise thus preventing any noise pollution in the room. Moreover, the air purifier has advanced filtration technology installed in it so that even minute particles are filtered out. It has an aerodynamic design so that the air can flow smoothly.
What is the Aera sense of technology? Well, it is a sensor that can sense PM2.5 particles and even smaller than that, after which the sensor will inform the purifier and will even check that the settings of the purifier are set accordingly. The bacteria and virus mode activates high boosting of airflow so that any virus or bacterial particles present in the air will be filtered out, and you are not affected by the airborne particles.
When a vacuum cleaner is in use nearby or if the house is being cleaned, then the air purifier will automatically switch to allergen flow, which will increase the airflow, thus preventing any allergic dust particles from flowing in the room.
The air purifier can filter out particles as small as 20nm, which is great as compared to other air purifiers. The airflow delivery rate is 344 cubic meters per hour, and the device can clean the room in less than ten minutes. If you are planning to invest in an air purifier for your master bedroom or for the hall, then this air purifier will be a wise choice.
- It has Aera sense technology
- The bacteria and virus mode automatically removes all bacteria and virus particles from the room
- You can adjust the light of the display
- The air purifier works on low noise
- It has up to two years of warranty
- This is only suitable for a medium sized room
6. Best under 5000: American Micronic 22 Watts Air Purifier with HEPA filter
- Manufacturer: American Micronic Instruments
- Product dimension: 20.5*20.4*34.6 cm
- Modes of operation: manual
Do you need an air purifier but at a really affordable price? The America Micronic is presently the cheapest air purifier in the market. If you are worried that the quality of the air purifier must not be good, then you are wrong. Though this air purifier is tagged at a lower cost but has all the desirable features that an air purifier should have.
This air purifier is suitable for bedrooms, kids’ rooms, or a cabin. It has multi-layered filtration technology to keep out the dust particles from the room and even removes bad odor.
The American Micronic air purifier can cover up to an area of 150-200 square feet and will deliver air with a rate of 220 cubic meter per hour. Moreover, the air purifier even comes with a one year warranty, which will cover any defective pieces or any working problems related to the air purifier. This air purifier is small in size and might not give you the vibe of being an effective air purifier, but after using it, you will know the difference. The air purifier has an in-built ionizer which is responsible for removing the suspended particles in the room.
The ionizer creates a static charge atmosphere in the room, which attracts the dust particles, which is then filtered out by the purifier. It even has a HEPA filter that captures even minute particles, like formaldehyde, oil vapors, and other toxic materials present in the air. As the purifier has a timer installed in it, you can remain assured that it will switch OFF automatically at a set time.
In this atmosphere full of smog, this air purifier will keep you safe from the toxic air outside and allow you to work effectively in your room without any disturbance.
- This air purifier has a lower price as compared to other purifiers in the list
- It has a HEPA filter to filter out minute airborne particles
- It is portable
- You can use it in your cabin
- It even has timers so that you can set the time at which the purifier should turn OFF
- You have to operate air purifier manually
7. Best for Allergies: Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower Wi-Fi enabled air purifier
- Manufacturer: Dyson
- Product dimension: 20*18.5*102.2 cm
- Modes of operation: one
One of the most reliable air purifier in the list, the Dyson Pure cool link tower Wi-Fi enabled air purifier is the best choice for any house. It can capture and filter out dust particles and allergens as small as 0.1 microns and even ensure that the room is free of any airborne particles. Not only dust particles and allergens, but the air purifier can also remove odor, bacteria, virus, pollen and any such airborne particles which might be harmful to the person. If you are a patient of asthma and residing in Delhi, then this particular air purifier by Dyson is suitable for you.
It is found that people are even allergic to pollen, which most of the air purifiers are unable to remove. This particular air purifier takes care of pollen and makes sure that the room is filled with clean air only. The purifier has Air multiplier technology, which ensures cleaner air and also comes with a 360 degree HEPA filter to make sure that the ultra-fine pollutants are also removed. This air purifier can be used anywhere, be it a cabin or a large hall, and it can work effectively anywhere.
If you are worried about the speed of airflow, then the Dyson air purifier has even got you there. While most of the air purifiers have high velocity of air flowing out of the purifiers which may even cause some fine particles to release into the room, the Dyson air purifier on the other hand has a lower face velocity which makes the airflow out of the purifier at medium speed so that no fine particles are released back to the room.
This particular air purifier can work with Wi-Fi, thus allowing you to control the purifier with your mobile phone. The Dyson Link app has the features which can control the airflow of the purifier, will show the temperature, and even notifies about the time when the filter needs to be changed. This particular air purifier is even certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, thus making sure that the quality is intact.
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America certifies this air purifier
- It can cover large areas
- It even removes pollen particles, which most of the air purifiers are unable to do
- You can control the air purifier from your mobile phone
- The filters can last up to twelve months
- The app has certain faults making it difficult to operate
8. Best with Ionizer: KENT Aura room air purifier 45- Watt with HEPA technology
- Manufacturer: Kent RO Systems Ltd
- Product dimension: 35*18*48.2 cm
- Modes of operation: two
The KENT Aura room air purifier is a handy air purifier which you can directly install in your cabin or can use it in the hall. This air purifier has an in-built ionizer which attracts the dust particles by creating a statically charged atmosphere full of negative ions.
These dust particles are then removed by the purifier thus leaving the room with cleaner air. The air purifier is capable of removing minute particles as small as PM2.5 and SPM which means the air purifier removes even the allergic particles present in the air.
Moreover, the air purifier is user-friendly, and you can easily install the purifier in the room. The purifier delivers clean air with a speed of 180 cubic meter per hour and covers around 290 square feet, which means it is suitable for medium rooms and single bedroom flats.
Along with this, you also get one year warranty which covers everything of the air purifier. The filtration technology consists of a HEPA filter, an ionizer, and a carbon filter. The carbon filter is responsible or removing harmful toxic materials that are heavy in weight and even cause odor, while the HEPA filter is responsible for capturing harmful particles that are minute in size.
With the KENT air purifier, you can remain assured that no smog or dust particles will affect the room, and if someone in the vicinity is smoking a cigarette, then this air purifier will also remove the gases created by the smoke. It is easy to install, is portable, and does not consume much power, making it a decent air purifier at this price range.
- It is suitable for both cabins and medium rooms
- It has an in-built ionizer
- The purifier has two filters, the HEPA filter, and the carbon filter
- It is easy to install
- It is portable
- The filters are not washable
9. Best for medium rooms: Hindware Moonbow AP- A8400UIN 55- Watt Air purifier
- Manufacturer: Moonbow
- Product dimension: 32.4*16.2*40.9 cm
- Modes of operation: one
This air purifier from the house of Moonbow is the best for a medium-sized room. It can cover up to an area of 400 square feet and deliver clean air at a rate of 215 cubic meter per hour. Apart from that, the air purifier has a five-stage filtration process that cleans the air from even very minute particles.
The filtration technology consists of pre-filter, HEPA filter, activated carbon filter, UV lamp, and energizers. Each filter functions differently and removes any harmful air pollutants present in the room.
The function of the pre-filter is to remove the big dust particles, human hair, and other visible pollutants. In the second stage, the HEPA filter catches the air-borne particles and allergens up to the size of 0.3 microns, which means all the nano-sized contaminants are removed in this stage. Thirdly, the carbon filter removes any bad odor in the air along with formaldehyde and oil vapors. In the next step, the UV lamp makes sure that the room is free of any germs such as bacteria and viruses or any other micro-organisms that might be harmful to the person. Lastly, the energizers make sure that the room is filled with clean air, which resembles that of natural air.
With this air purifier in house, you will surely remain free of any dust particles present in your vicinity. It protects the room from harmful pollutants, keeps people safe from smog and other toxic particles present in the room and makes sure that the air is clean and safe in the room.
- It has a five stage filtration process
- The UV lamp removes harmful micro-organisms present in the room
- It can capture particles as small as 0.3 microns
- You can easily install this in your room
- This air purifier is best for medium sized rooms
- The pre-filter is washable
- The other filters present in the air purifier, except pre-filter, are costly
10. Most Powerful One: Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier (DP04)
- Manufacturer: Dyson
- Product dimension: 22.4*35*69.1 cm
- Modes of operation: two
The Dyson Pure Cool air purifier is the most powerful air purifier in the list. It has two modes of operations, namely, Auto mode and Night mode. The purifier has ten-speed settings, has an easy filter changing technique and consists of advanced filter technology.
Furthermore, the Dyson pure cool air purifier senses the quality of air and reports it accordingly. You can even view the quality of air from the Dyson Link app from your smartphones.
The air purifier even has the sensors, which detects the temperature and humidity levels of the air in the room. This particular air purifier delivers 360 liters of purified every second in the room. The coverage area of the air purifier is 450 square feet, which means it is suitable for both small and medium rooms.
The ten-speed settings make sure that you can control the flow of air so that the device can function properly. Furthermore, this device makes sure to capture all the dust particles, toxic pollutants, and all the harmful airborne particles which may harm you or the people in the room.
- The air purifier is suitable for both small and medium rooms.
- It can deliver 360 liters of pure air per second
- The advanced filtration technology captures even minute particles
- You can control the air purifier from the app
- The warranty covers all parts of the purifier
- The filters are costly and difficult to find
11. Expensive: Dyson Pure Cool Air purifier, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Enabled (TP04)
- Manufacturer: Dyson
- Product dimension: 20.6*22.3*105.4 cm
- Modes of operation: two
The Dyson Cool air purifier is the costliest air purifier in the list and has features that will suit the price. It has two modes of operation, the night mode and auto mode. You can even turn on the sleep timer so that the air purifier will turn off automatically, and you can sleep peacefully.
The air purifier can capture minute particles as small as 0.1 microns, and the filters have advanced technology which will exhale out the dirty air.
The ten-speed settings make it easier to control the speed of the airflow. It can capture up to 600 square feet of distance and promises to deliver up to 360 liters of purified air per second. The larger coverage area ensures that you can use this air purifier even in halls and drawing rooms.
Apart from that, the air purifier has 350-degree oscillation, which means it captures air from all around the room. You can even use it when the windows are open, though you won’t want to let in smog inside the house.
Moreover, this particular air purifier from Dyson is also energy efficient, which means it consumes less energy and will not increase your electric bill. It has three filters, the HEPA filter, activated carbon filter, and a pre-filter. The filters can work perfectly fine up to 12 months in an atmosphere like Delhi, and you can control the air purifier form your phone too.
- The Dyson app even shows the amount of purified air and temperature level in the room
- It can cover up to 600 square feet of distance
- It is suitable for any kind of room
- The filtration technology makes sure that the air you are breathing in is pure
- It even notifies you the type and amount of toxic particles present in the room
- It is costlier than other air purifiers in the list.
You may also Like: Best OTG Ovens in India (2020)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Regarding Best Air Purifier for Delhi Smog and Pollution:
1. What features should an air purifier have?
The air purifiers should have multi-layered filters, ionizer, child lock, and faster cleaning of the air in the room. An air purifier that can clean the room in ten minutes is preferable over the one which takes more time. Moreover, the air purifier should work silently and have an active night mode so that the person can sleep peacefully. The qualities even depend on the area which the air purifier covers.
2. Is a child lock necessary?
Yes, the child lock feature is necessary, and all the air purifiers should have this feature. The child lock feature prevents any accidental changes in the settings so that the functioning of the air purifier is not affected
3. Why are some air purifiers costly while some are less priced, though most of the features are the same?
Most of the air purifiers are costly than others because these air purifiers have better features, better filtration technology, some additional qualities, and are even certified as allergic proof by the renounced organization. Not all air purifiers can remove particles such as pollen dust. As some can remove them, the cost is higher than the rest.
4. Are the filters reusable and washable?
Not all air purifiers have washable and reusable filters. Only the pre-filters of some air purifiers are washable and reusable while the HEPA filters and the carbon filters cannot be done so.
5. Is the air purifier necessary?
Yes, an air purifier is necessary, and everyone should have one installed in their home. The current situation in Delhi has made it difficult to breathe freely as the air is filled with smog and toxic particles. Under such circumstances, it is necessary to have an air purifier in your house.
6. Is it safe to order air purifiers from online sites?
Yes, it is safe to order air purifiers from online sites as they deliver the original products, and even the technician is advised to install the product accordingly. The online sites even have the facility of replacement and returning the product in case there is some defective part.
7. Which air purifiers are the best?
There are many air purifiers in the market which might confuse you. To make it simpler for you, the above list contains the best air purifiers in the market. The list even states the features of the air purifiers so that you can choose which one will be the best one for you.
So, these were some of the best air purifiers. These purifiers contain some of the best features along with the qualities that should be present in an air purifier. If you are a resident of Delhi, then it is important for you to buy an air purifier as soon as possible. The above list will help you and will act as a guide while buying an air purifier.