Central Road Research Institute
From Indian Science Information
Central Road Research Institute (CRRI), New Delhi established in 1948, a constituent of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is engaged in carrying out research and development projects on design, construction and maintenance of roads and runways, traffic and transportation planning of mega and medium cities, management of roads in different terrains, improvement of marginal materials, utilization of industrial waste in road construction, landslide control, ground improvements environmental pollution, road traffic safety and analysis & design, wind, fatigue, corrosion studies, performance monitoring/evaluation, service life assessment and rehabilitation of highway & railway bridges.
Engineering road science.
- Dr Vikram Kumar - Current Director
- Dr. P.K. Nanda (2004-2007)
- Prof. P.K. Sikdar (1998 - 2004)
- Prof. A.K. Gupta (1996 - 97)
- Prof. D.V. Singh (1992 - 96)
- Dr. M.P. Dhir (1983 - 89)
- Prof. C.G. Swaminathan (1977 - 83)
- Dr. Bh. Subbaraju (1968 - 77)
- Prof. S.R. Mehra (1955 - 68)
- Dr. E. Zipkes (1950 - 54)
Central Road Research Institute i.e. CRRI is situated on Delhi-Mathura Road, New Delhi.
Back to Science and Research Institutes